Undermanager (Cook Colliery)
Job no: 494784
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mackay and Coalfields
Categories: Underground Coal Mining
- Full Paid Flight Benefit Return ex Brisbane to Emerald
- Skills Allowance: 10% of base salary ($25K per annum)
- 7 /7 Roster | Secure work up to 4 years +
- Permanent full-time employment
- Whole of Mine contractor operation project
- $6K Local Living Benefit or Camp / meals provided in Blackwater
- Based at Cook Colliery
About the opportunity:
Our Cook Colliery mine operation is full steam ahead hitting “first coal” in February this year and about to mobilise a second development unit in the coming months. At its peak we’ll run three (3) development panels with a workforce of 180 people strong. This role will report to our Production Coordinator on site and provide supervision support to our growing underground mine operation.
About the role/person:
As an Undermanager you’re expected to provide strong leadership, coaching and mentoring to our underground crews. You have statutory responsibility to supervise the mining operations for Cook Colliery. You will coordinate all activities across each shift and ensure the safety of our people whilst meeting production targets. Walking the talk and visibly demonstrating the behaviours that reflect our culture - the Mastermyne Way - will be key to your success in this role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a safe and productive mining environment;
- Contribute mining expertise to the development of the plan for all major processes containing strategy, systems, sequence, standards and time frames;
- Applying statutory obligations;
- Communicating plans and issues to relevant stakeholders in a timely manner;
- Providing Mentoring and coaching;
- Produce the shift report covering maintenance/production work undertaken, outstanding planned work, equipment breakdowns etc;
- Highlight activities and issues for the daily review meeting, and for updating the daily plan;
- Review and advise on the practicality and effectiveness of the daily plan.
Minimum skills and attributes we seek for an Undermanager:
- Experience in Underground Coal Mining;
- Strong leadership & coordination skills;
- Second Class / Third Class Statutory Certificate;
- Previous experience in the role of Shift Undermanager or Deputy/ERZ Controller;
- A sound understanding of the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act, regulations and JSA’s;
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills;
- Proactive approach to workplace safety and commitment to keeping our people safe.
The Mastermyne “Extras”:
- Fully Funded Flight Benefits ex Brisbane to Emerald;
- Up to $6K per annum Local Living Benefit paid fortnightly;
- 100% reimbursement for the cost of approved courses and study;
- Paid study days for university study;
- Mastermyne tailored leadership programs
- Diploma Project Management
- Certificate IV Leadership
- 2 Year anniversary watch + gifts for additional years of service
- Baby Benefit, Mum’s baby bonus & Secondary Caregiver’s new arrival leave can help parents support their family;
- A Bloody Great Cause, be rewarded by Mastermyne each time you reach a Red Cross Blood Donation Milestone;
- Hospital Help, have $250 contributed towards your private health hospital excess;
- Business improvement, safety and innovation rewards;
- Family Christmas parties;
- Employee Christmas gifts;
- Group Income Protection Insurance, discounted premiums for Mastermyne employees;
- Reimbursement for prescription safety glasses ($350);
- Salary Packaging;
- Motor Vehicle Novated Leasing;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), well-being assistance that’s free for all the family;
- Emergency shelter accommodation and paid domestic violence leave.
We have a strong philosophy of growing our own at Mastermyne. No matter your role we support our people to ignite their own learning journeys. It’s part of how we do business and is one of the reasons why people stick with us. We’ve proven that the Mastermyne Way goes a long way. It shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours and we seek out people to join our growing family that share these same values to keep pushing our business forward.
If you want to be part of Mastermyne’s evolution please contact Jannah Gaviglio, Recruitment and Mobilisation Manager on 07 4963 0400.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend