Job no: 494771
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mackay and Coalfields
Categories: Underground Coal Mining, Finance, Underground Metalliferous Mining
- Publicly listed mining services company
- Dynamic, fast paced and supportive culture
- Mackay, Brisbane or Orange based
About the Company:
Metarock Group Limited is a leading mining services group providing a diverse range of services and products to underground operations across Australia. With origins dating back to 1996, and headquartered in Mackay, Metarock has grown to become one of the most trusted names in Australian Underground Mining and is the parent company of four established mining services companies - Mastermyne, Pybar Mining Services, Wilson Mining and MyneSight (Registered Training Organisaton).
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the Group Manager Procurement and Supply based in Orange and working as part of a broader procurement and supply team across all of our Metarock businesses, you will take the leading role in our purchasing function. Your extensive experience working in procurement and supply chain in a mining industry or similar environment, will have equipped you with the skills to effectively manage the purchasing process and get the best value for our Mastermyne business and broader Metarock company.
- Responsible for functional leadership of the Supply activities for the Mastermyne contracting business and contract mine operations;
- ERP and supply system experience desired. Pronto experience would be highly regarded;
- Coal industry experience would be highly regarded but not essential;
- Understanding of all warehouse processes including receival, dispatch and parts management;
- Understanding of entire purchasing process from quoting to purchase to invoicing;
- Understanding of the procurement process from supplier selection to award;
- Experience with managing staff remotely across multiple projects.
About the Person:
Critical to your success in this role will be your expertise in purchasing and inventory systems, processes and controls. A willingness to be hands-on in the day-to-day purchasing activities and to give support and training to non-purchasing staff is vital. Managing purchasing functions including supplier negotiations, analysing orders, running purchasing controls, inventory systems and ensuring compliance to group policies will be part of your duties. This level of exposure will ensure your finger is on the pulse when it comes to identifying any opportunities to improve profits, processes and systems.
- 100% reimbursement for the cost of approved courses and study;
- Paid study days for University study;
- Mastermyne tailored leadership programs;
- 2 Year anniversary watch + gifts for additional years of service;
- Baby Benefit, Mum’s baby bonus & Secondary Caregiver’s new arrival leave;
- A Bloody Great Cause, be rewarded by Mastermyne each time you reach a Red Cross Blood Donation Milestone;
- Hospital Help – have $250 contributed towards your private health hospital excess;
- Business improvement, safety and innovation rewards;
- Family Christmas parties & Employee Christmas gifts;
- Group Income Protection Insurance & discounted premiums for Mastermyne employees;
- Salary Packaging & Motor Vehicle Novated Leasing;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Emergency shelter accommodation and paid domestic violence leave.
Metarock prides itself on “growing our own” and with our recent diversification that’s resulted in our business now having a national footprint there is plenty of opportunity to grow! Our long history of recognising our valued employees and encouraging our people to take ownership of their development has seen leaders advance their careers to more senior roles. This Procurement Manager role is a natural successor to our Group Manager role and will suit a career-driven professional hungry to make their mark.
Apply now online or for a confidential conversation please contact Jannah Gaviglio, Recruitment and Mobilisation Manager on 07 4963 0439.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend