HSEC Auditor (QLD)
Job no: 494766
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mackay and Coalfields
Categories: Underground Coal Mining, Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ)
- Newly created role
- Flexible working roster available
- Strong operational focused role
- Extensive travel required to various sites
- July 2022 commencement
- Flexible on location
About the Company:
Metarock Group Limited is a leading mining services group providing a diverse range of services and products to underground operations across Australia. With origins dating back to 1996, and headquartered in Mackay, Metarock has grown to become one of the most trusted names in Australian Underground Mining and is the parent company of four established mining services companies - Mastermyne, Pybar Mining Services, Wilson Mining and MyneSight (Registered Training Organisaton).
About the Opportunity:
This newly created role will work as part of our Health, Safety, Environment and Community team and will work across projects. Reporting to our Group Manager HSEC, the HSEC Auditor will play a critical role in building positive and productive relationships with our Mastermyne operational teams and Client representatives on site.
The main focus of this role will be to conduct scheduled suite of audits of our Safety and Health Management System, both to ensure our compliance and recognise areas of potential improvement to existing systems.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Coordination and scheduling of internal and external audits across the organisation;
- Collating and reporting HSEQ data to meet internal & external compliance obligation;
- Collating audit and data to identify key trends across the organisation;
- Report on both audit and investigation findings;
- Assist in the development and continual improvement of the HSEQ and assurance program, including improvement of HSE processes and practices;
- Support engagement with external stakeholders including; certification bodies, ISO accredited bodies, Regulators, Industry bodies and our clients;
- Assist where required with investigation processes and outcomes.
About the Person:
You will ideally possess a strong operational background in the mining and resources sector. Your keen eye for detail, ability to push through high volumes of work efficiently and effectively and flexibility to work in with our contracting business requirements will make your application stand out.
- Appropriate HSEQ Auditor qualifications or willingness to learn and develop skills in this area;
- An understanding of Health, Safety & Environmental systems;
- An ability to efficiently plan and organise activities;
- Working knowledge of documentation associated with mines safety and health systems;
- Ability to effectively develop constructive relationships with stakeholders;
- Sound organisational skills and the ability to work to tight and often conflicting deadlines;
- Availability to travel frequently within the region and nationally as required.
- 100% reimbursement for the cost of approved courses and study;
- Paid study days for University study;
- Mastermyne tailored leadership programs;
- 2 Year anniversary watch + gifts for additional years of service;
- Baby Benefit, Mum’s baby bonus & Dad’s new arrival leave;
- A Bloody Great Cause, be rewarded by Mastermyne each time you reach a Red Cross Blood Donation Milestone;
- Hospital Help – have $250 contributed towards your private health hospital excess;
- Business improvement, safety and innovation rewards;
- Family Christmas parties & Employee Christmas gifts;
- Group Income Protection Insurance & discounted premiums for Mastermyne employees;
- Salary Packaging & Motor Vehicle Novated Leasing;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Emergency shelter accommodation and paid domestic violence leave.
Metarock prides itself on “growing our own” and with our recent diversification that’s resulted in our business now having a national footprint there is increased opportunity to grow! Our long history of recognising our rising stars and encouraging our people to take ownership of their development has seen employees stepping up into broader and more senior roles within the expanded business.
If you want to join a positive, supportive and fast-moving work environment then you need to call Jannah Gaviglio, Recruitment and Mobilisation Manager on 07 4963 0439.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend