Workshop Fitter (Wilson Mining)
Job no: 494763
Work type: Permanent
Location: Newcastle, Maitland and Hunter
Categories: Underground Coal Mining
- Permanent Role
- Monday to Friday role with Weekends & Overtime available
- Gateshead facility in Lake Macquarie
About the opportunity:
Wilson Mining, a Mastermyne Company, is a specialist in the provision of ground support across coal and metalliferous mine sites. We operate across underground coal and underground metalliferous projects spanning the East Coast of Australia. Right now, we are seeking applications from Experienced Workshop Fitter for our workshop in Gateshead.
Based at our Gateshead, Newcastle site you will be responsible for completing maintenance on plant, equipment repairs and preforming preventative maintenance activities to all equipment and plant used throughout the business.
Key selection criteria includes:
- Completes preventative, routine and breakdown maintenance activities to all equipment used within the business
- Conducts machine inspections/preventative maintenance activities and reports back
- Ensures equipment is operational in compliance and available to meet requirements of the business
- Works well with team to ensure outcomes
- Performs final inspections and sign-off, computer entry of documentation
- Completes JSA’s and risk assessments for non-routine tasks as required to ensure safe operations
- Able to work overtime as required
To be successful in the role you will have a relevant Engineering/Mechanical Trade qualification and be physically fit for manual tasks.
Minimum skills and experience required include:
- Communication: clear oral and written communication
- Ability to work unsupervised to achieve targets and follow procedures
- Hydraulic Knowledge (fundamentals, interpreting schematics)
- Forklift Licence (preferred, not essential)
- Welding Experience (preferred, not essential)
This is a great opportunity to enter the Wilson Mining business. If interested please apply online NOW!! For more information please contact Fiona Masters on 07 4963 0407.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend