Underground Coal Personnel (Cook Colliery)
Job no: 494292
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mackay and Coalfields
Categories: Underground Coal Mining
- Secure work up to 4 years +
- 7/7 Equal time roster
- Permanent full-time employment
- Whole of Mine contractor operation project
- Camp and meals provided in Blackwater
- Based at Cook Colliery
About the opportunity:
Mastermyne have begun mobilising key staff and underground personnel to carry out initial pre-development works at Cook Colliery prior to being appointed as the Mine Operator. As part of the early-stage project team you will play an important role in establishing the mining operation and to build a team with a unique positive culture that resonates of the Mastermyne Way.
About the role:
For your application to stand out you will have a diverse skillset to complete the variety of tasks required. You will be a team player, with an 'all hands-on deck' attitude. For you, no task is too big or too small. Once on site, you will play an essential role in critical pre-development work to return the mine to operation. You will live out the behaviours that reflect our culture – the Mastermyne Way. Our workforce is expected to identify and control critical risks, challenge their peers to a high standard, whilst delivering work that meets mine site and industry requirements.
We are seeking applications for the below roles, the minimum skills and experience required are:
- Demonstrated Underground Coal experience in a similar role with a focus on Cut & Flit / Development work;
- Standard 11 Statement of Attainment;
- Current Section 4 Health Assessment Report;
- Valid Driver’s Licence;
- Signed copies of training transcripts and / or authorisations.
In addition to the above requirements you will need to provide the following for the relevant position type/you will select the relevant position on our application form.
ERZ Controllers: Qld Deputy Certificate or Mutual Recognition, S1,2,3 & G2 Certificates, First Aid Certificate, LVR CPR & Pain Management
Electricians: Trade Certificate, Qld Electrical Licence, EEHA, LVR CPR Certificate
Fitters: Trade Certificate, DES and Break testing desirable
Operators: A willingness to perform all required duties across various areas of the mine
The Mastermyne “Extras”:
- 100% reimbursement for the cost of approved courses and study;
- Paid study days for university study;
- Mastermyne tailored leadership programs:
- Diploma Project Management;
- Brain Science Leadership Program;
- 2 Year anniversary watch + gifts for additional years of service;
- Baby Benefit: Mum’s baby bonus & Secondary Caregiver's new arrival leave can help parents support their family;
- A Bloody Great Cause, be rewarded by Mastermyne each time you reach a Red Cross Blood Donation Milestone;
- Hospital Help, have $250 contributed towards your private health hospital excess;
- Business improvement, safety and innovation rewards;
- Family Christmas parties and Employee Christmas gifts;
- Group Income Protection Insurance, discounted premiums for Mastermyne employees;
- Reimbursement for prescription safety glasses ($350);
- Salary Packaging and Motor Vehicle Novated Leasing;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), well-being assistance that’s free for all the family;
- Emergency shelter accommodation and paid domestic violence leave.
We have a strong philosophy of growing our own at Mastermyne. No matter your role we support our people to ignite their own learning journeys. It’s part of how we do business and is one of the reasons why people stick with us. We’ve proven that the Mastermyne Way goes a long way. It shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours and we seek out people to join our growing family that share these same values to keep pushing our business forward.
If you want to be part of Mastermyne’s Cook Whole of Mine contract contact our Recruitment Team on 07 4963 0400.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend