Estimating Engineer (Hard Rock Mining)
Job no: 494222
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mackay and Coalfields, Brisbane
Categories: Engineering, Contracts / Tendering, Underground Metalliferous Mining
- Metarock is a new Australian hard rock mining contractor
- Work as part of a small team with a big impact and broader business strategy
- Leverage your extensive networks to influence Metarock’s success
- Brisbane or Mackay based with some travel to site
About the Company:
Metarock is Mastermyne’s newly created entity that supports our strategy to expand our capabilities to hard rock mining; complementing our existing coal contracting project services, new mine development and contract mine operations. We are breaking new ground and pushing forward with our strong growth and diversification strategy that has set our business up for continued success.
At Metarock, there’s one thing for sure. You’ll get the best of both worlds. As part of the Mastermyne Group (ASX:MYE) , we may be new but we’re 25 years strong. We combine new school thinking with old school values. We’re big enough yet small enough. We’re sure-footed yet fleet-of-foot to make the most of opportunities.
About the opportunity:
Reporting to the General Manager, Metarock, the Estimating Engineer (Hard Rock) will play a critical role within a small motivated team of progressive and highly respected metalliferous leaders that are driven to succeed in setting this new entity up for success. You will use your industry experience to assist in the development of estimating models, KPI drivers, business plans and hard rock system development. The position will be based in our Brisbane or Mackay offices with regular travel to site.
Ideally our Estimating Engineer will demonstrate key achievement in the following areas:
- Manage bids / estimators;
- Network to secure opportunities;
- Tender for a strong pipeline of work prospects;
- Develop implement systems and processes;
- Work hard to make a difference.
The preferred candidate will have completed a minimum of 5 + years with both underground mining contractor/s and client/s. A detailed knowledge of the underground hard rock mining cycle, key operational performance drivers and mining costs is an advantage.
- Developing and continuously improving tendering models;
- Developing tendering documents and promotional material;
- Managing the company’s productivity and cost data warehouse;
- Assist with the business development.
- Operational underground hard rock mining experience, preferably with some time as a mining contractor;
- Exposure to a variety of underground mines;
- Previous tendering experience would be an advantage, but not essential;
- Tertiary qualified Mining Engineer desirable, but not essential.
The Mastermyne “Extras”:
- 100% reimbursement for the cost of approved courses and study;
- Paid study days for University study;
- Mastermyne tailored leadership programs;
- 2 Year anniversary watch + gifts for additional years of service;
- Baby Benefit, Mum’s baby bonus & Dad’s new arrival leave;
- A Bloody Great Cause, be rewarded by Mastermyne each time you reach a Red Cross Blood Donation Milestone;
- Hospital Help – have $250 contributed towards your private health hospital excess;
- Business improvement, safety and innovation rewards;
- Family Christmas parties & Employee Christmas gifts;
- Group Income Protection Insurance & discounted premiums for Mastermyne/Metarock employees;
- Salary Packaging & Motor Vehicle Novated Leasing;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Emergency shelter accommodation and paid domestic violence leave.
We have a strong philosophy of developing our own at Mastermyne. No matter your role we support our people to ignite their own learning journeys. It’s part of how we do business and is one of the reasons why people stick with us. If this sounds like the perfect next step in your career we want to hear from you.
For more information about this role please contact Jannah Gaviglio, Recruitment and Mobilisation Manager on 07 4963 0439 or apply directly via the “Apply now” button.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend