Commercial / Contracts Superintendent
Job no: 494164
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mackay and Coalfields
Categories: Contracts / Tendering, Finance
- Mon to Fri Roster @ start up with a view to 9-Day Fortnights
- Secure work up to 7 years
- Permanent full time employment
- Whole of Mine contractor operation project
- Emerald region | Local Living Benefit Available
About the opportunity:
Mastermyne has achieved a long-term company goal of executing our first Whole of Mine contract; being appointed contract mine operator at Sojitz’s Crinum Underground mine for the next seven (7) years. This marks a significant milestone in our Company’s history and will transition the business to a new operating model; complementing our existing contracting services.
Early works at Crinum commenced on site in July 2020 and now pre-development works has commenced; preparing the mine to be fully operational by early 2022. This is a rare opportunity for a highly experienced and astute Commercial / Contracts Superintendent to join our first contractor run operation. Joining an established management team on site you will play a critical role in setting up systems and processes to make this a safe and successful operation.
About the role/person:
Setting up our operation with strong leadership from contract inception is critical to our business. Our Commercial / Contracts Superintendent will be hands-on with a sharp commercial acumen that complement their strategic thinking and belief that our people are the foundation of our success. Walking the talk and visibly demonstrating the behaviours that reflect our culture - the Mastermyne Way - will be key to your success in this role.
Minimum skills and attributes we seek for a Commercial / Contract Superintendent:
- Strong business and financial acumen;
- Considerable experience in the commercial field with a well-developed knowledge of various rate structures;
- Contract management experience (preferably with a mining or services contractor) with thorough knowledge of contract documents, including general conditions, special conditions, scope, precedence, progress claims and variation management;
- Advanced negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management abilities;
- Management of the monthly reporting processes and assisting with cost analysis
- Strong leadership and people management skills;
- Exceptional relationship management and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to own multiple projects with competing deadlines;
- Qualification in Accounting or Business (desirable).
The Mastermyne “Extras”:
- 100% reimbursement for the cost of approved courses and study;
- Paid study days for university study;
- Mastermyne tailored leadership programs;
- 2 Year anniversary watch + gifts for additional years of service
- Baby Benefit, Mum’s baby bonus & Dad’s new arrival leave can help parents support their family;
- A Bloody Great Cause, be rewarded by Mastermyne each time you reach a Red Cross Blood Donation Milestone;
- Hospital Help, have $250 contributed towards your private health hospital excess;
- Business improvement, safety and innovation rewards;
- Family Christmas parties;
- Employee Christmas gifts;
- Group Income Protection Insurance, discounted premiums for Mastermyne employees;
- Reimbursement for prescription safety glasses ($350);
- Salary Packaging;
- Motor Vehicle Novated Leasing;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), well-being assistance that’s free for all the family;
- Emergency shelter accommodation and paid domestic violence leave.
We have a strong philosophy of growing our own at Mastermyne. No matter your role we support our people to ignite their own learning journeys. It’s part of how we do business and is one of the reasons why people stick with us. We’ve proven that the Mastermyne Way goes a long way. It shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours and we seek out people to join our growing family that share these same values to keep pushing our business forward.
If you want to be part of Mastermyne’s evolution please contact Jannah Gaviglio, Recruitment and Mobilisation Manager on 0419 612 790.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend