CRINUM Expression of Interest - Experienced Underground Personnel
Job no: 493824
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mackay and Coalfields
Categories: Underground Coal Mining
- Equal time roster
- Secure work up to 5 years +
- Permanent full time employment
- Whole of Mine contractor operation project
- Emerald region
About the opportunity:
Mastermyne’s building an operations team to deliver works on our first Whole of Mine contract at Gregory Crinum South Underground mine. Early works commenced in June this year and is close to completion. A fully executed operating contract is imminent.
This project is a pivotal milestone in Mastermyne’s evolution and will set us up to achieve our five-year growth strategy. Work is now underway to re-ventilate the mine so that we can re-enter and recover some old workings to mine virgin coal with Cut & Flit mining method. By joining us now, you could secure yourself a role on a champion team that looks after its mates, takes pride in its work and is a place where you feel safe, heard and recognised.
About the role:
Suitable candidates will have a diverse skillset to complete the variety of tasks required. You will be a team player, with an 'roll up your sleeves' mindset. For you, no task is too big or too small. Once on site, you will join a likeminded workforce, playing an essential role in establishing critical infrastructure to return the mine to operation. You will live out the behaviours that reflect our culture – the Mastermyne Way, while taking pride in being a part of a productive operation. Our workforce are expected to identify and control critical risks, challenge their peers to a high standard, while delivering work that meets mine site and industry requirements.
We are seeking expressions of interest for the below roles, the minimum skills and experience required are:
- Demonstrated Underground Coal experience in a similar role with a focus on Outbye and/or Cut & Flit work;
- Standard 11 Statement of Attainment;
- Coal Board Medical;
- Valid Driver’s Licence;
- Signed copies of training transcripts and / or authorisations.
In addition to the above requirements you will need to provide the following for the relevant position type:
ERZ Controllers: Qld Deputy Certificate or Mutual Recognition, S1,2,3 & G2 Certificates, First Aid Certificate, LVR CPR & Pain Management
Electricians: Trade Certificate, Qld Electrical licence, EEHA, LVR CPR Certificate
Fitters: Trade Certificate, DES and Break testing desirable
Control Room Operators: S1,2,3 & G2 Certificates, Advanced First Aid Certificate
The Mastermyne “Extras”:
- 100% reimbursement for the cost of approved courses and study;
- Paid study days for university study;
- Mastermyne tailored leadership programs
- Diploma Project Management
- Brain Science Leadership Program
- 2 Year anniversary watch + gifts for additional years of service;
- Baby Benefit, Mum’s baby bonus & Dad’s new arrival leave can help parents support their family;
- A Bloody Great Cause, be rewarded by Mastermyne each time you reach a Red Cross Blood Donation Milestone;
- Hospital Help, have $250 contributed towards your private health hospital excess;
- Business improvement, safety and innovation rewards;
- Family Christmas parties and Employee Christmas gifts;
- Group Income Protection Insurance, discounted premiums for Mastermyne employees;
- Reimbursement for prescription safety glasses ($350);
- Salary Packaging and Motor Vehicle Novated Leasing;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), well-being assistance that’s free for all the family;
- Emergency shelter accommodation and paid domestic violence leave.
We have a strong philosophy of growing our own at Mastermyne. No matter your role we support our people to ignite their own learning journeys. It’s part of how we do business and is one of the reasons why people stick with us. We’ve proven that the Mastermyne Way goes a long way. It shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours and we seek out people to join our growing family that share these same values to keep pushing our business forward.
If you want to be part of Mastermyne’s evolution please APPLY NOW. For further information contact our Crinum Recruitment Lead Jody Delfsma-Wells on 07 4963 0406
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend