Job no: 493819
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mackay and Coalfields, Rockhampton
Categories: Leadership / Management, Underground Coal Mining
- Even Time 7 /7 Roster
- Secure work up to 7 years
- Permanent full-time employment
- Whole of Mine contractor operation project
- Emerald region
About the opportunity:
Mastermyne has achieved a long-term company goal of executing our first Whole of Mine contract; being appointed contract mine operator at Sojitz’s Crinum Underground mine for the next seven (7) years. This marks a significant milestone in our Company’s history and will transition the business to a new operating model; complementing our existing contracting services.
Early works on site commenced in July 2020 and now pre-development works has commenced; preparing the mine to be fully operational by late 2021. We are now looking for experienced ERZ Controllers to join our first contractor run operation.
About the role/person:
Our ERZ Controllers are at the helm, leading our crews, so getting the right people onboard from contract inception is critical to our success. Our ERZ’s shape their crews into high performers that do not compromise on safety. Walking the talk and visibly demonstrating the behaviours that reflect our culture - the Mastermyne Way - will be key to your success in this role.
Minimum skills and attributes we seek for our ERZ Controllers:
- Prior experience in a similar role is essential;
- Demonstrated experience in underground cut and flit / bord & pillar mining is highly desirable;
- Extensive exposure to Statutory Inspections and compliance with the Mines SHMS and Legislative requirements;
- Natural leaders who mentor and coach their crews;
- A deep understanding of risk management and safety behaviours with a driven productivity focus;
- Third Class Ticket (Deputy Certificate)
- Supervisory Certificates essential;
- Standard 11 Statement of Attainment desirable;
- Advanced First Aid highly desirable;
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
The Mastermyne “Extras”:
- Crinum Local Living Benefit
- 100% reimbursement for the cost of approved courses and study;
- Paid study days for university study;
- Mastermyne tailored leadership programs
- 2 Year anniversary watch + gifts for additional years of service
- Baby Benefit, Mum’s baby bonus & Dad’s new arrival leave can help parents support their family;
- A Bloody Great Cause, be rewarded by Mastermyne each time you reach a Red Cross Blood Donation Milestone;
- Hospital Help, have $250 contributed towards your private health hospital excess;
- Business improvement, safety and innovation rewards;
- Family Christmas parties;
- Employee Christmas gifts;
- Group Income Protection Insurance, discounted premiums for Mastermyne employees;
- Reimbursement for prescription safety glasses ($350);
- Salary Packaging;
- Motor Vehicle Novated Leasing;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), well-being assistance that’s free for all the family;
- Emergency shelter accommodation and paid domestic violence leave.
We have a strong philosophy of growing our own at Mastermyne. No matter your role we support our people to ignite their own learning journeys. It’s part of how we do business and is one of the reasons why people stick with us. We’ve proven that the Mastermyne Way goes a long way. It shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours and we seek out people to join our growing family that share these same values to keep pushing our business forward.
If you want to be part of Mastermyne’s evolution please contact Cass Mayer, Senior Recruitment Coordinator on 07 4963 0428.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend