Underground Training Officer
Job no: 494147
Work type: Casual
Location: Wollongong, Illawarra and South Coast, Mackay and Coalfields
Categories: Underground Coal Mining, Training
- Leading training provider
- Based in the Illawarra Region at an Underground Coal Mine Site
- Monday – Thursday
- Commencing end of July 2021
About the Company:
MyneSight is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #31900) and is a part of the Mastermyne Group of Companies. It provides accredited training and consulting services designed to upskill workforces. It has been delivering training and compliance solutions in Queensland since 2008 and more recently New South Wales that improve efficiency and reduce costs to mine operators in the resources sector.
About the opportunity:
MyneSight NSW is seeking an experienced and qualified Training Officer for an ongoing opportunity at an underground coal mine, near Wollongong. This opportunity will suit someone with prior experience working in an underground coal mine and you will be tasked with coordinating and training inexperienced personnel.
About the person:
Our Training Officers possess excellent communication and presentation skills coupled with a strong desire to motivate and upskill others. Your prior experience in underground coal mining gives authenticity and a deeper understanding to training programs for these next generation of miners. You will be passionate about equipping cleanskins with the tools they need to work safely and efficiently underground and have strong time management and organisation skills to deliver quality training programs.
Key skills and experience required include:
- Current Certificate IV in Training & Assessment TAE40116 or equivalent highly desirable;
- Demonstrated experience working in an underground coal mining environment essential;
- Willingness to complete a Order 43 Medical if required;
- Proven training experience in facilitating inexperienced underground personnel training packages and maintenance of compliance requirements;
- Training transcripts verifying experience as Trainer on a mine site;
- Demonstrated vocational experience applicable to the training program being delivered;
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly;
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Competent knowledge of ASQA requirements for training and assessing;
- Current driver licence.
For further enquiries contact Cass Mayer, Senior Recruitment Coordinator on 07 4963 0428.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend